
The bags are packed and Gingy is preparing for the trip of a lifetime to spectate this years 2008-2009 Cyclocross World Championships in Treviso , Italy a town just North of Venice. The events take place on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday is the Juniors and Espoir men and then Sunday is the main event where the Women and then the Men will be duking it out for multiple laps to decide who the best in the World on that one day.
The winners of each individual event receive bragging rights for the rest of his/her life but also gets to wear the coveted Rainbow stripes in full regalia for a year and then a more subdued version years after on his/her sleeve or neck collar. For most racers this is the Holy Grail of races and every race this season gets them one step closer to getting on the podium for the right to say I am the Best!
Best of luck to all the Americans going for the Gold in Treviso! Gingy will be there ringing his cowbell and cheering you on you while you give 110%. Godspeed!
Across the Pond...
Across the Pond...
A trip of a life time...
I got my bags packed up...
My boots tied tight...
I hope I don't get in a fight....
Across the Pond...
Across the Pond...
Here Gingy goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment